1) Can 13rave be used with loose powders?
- 13rave is more densely packed than the rest of the powder brushes, thus better suited for compact type powders.
- While it is inaccurate to say that the 13rave is bad with loose powders, we would recommend the Powder Puffer for loose powder application instead as the latter features fluffier bristles for a lighter weight finish. We're just concerned, because the 13rave might pick up too much product at once due to its the densely packed bristles. But if you know how to be light handed when applying loose powders with the 13rave, then there's really no issues using 13rave for all types of powder based makeup!
2) Can 13rave be used with liquid foundation or bb creams or bb cushions?
- A general rule of thumb, choose stiffer brushes for heavier creamier formulas. As the 13rave brush is exceptionally soft, we would recommend pairing it with lightweight liquid or powder based products.
- For blending cream or liquid blushers, check out the Angled Flat Foundation
- For blending cream or liquid contouring makeup, check out the signature Flat Top Sculpting brush
- For blending heavy cream foundation, check out the Flat Top Foundation brush if speed of application matters. Alternatively check out the Angled Flat Foundation is you require more precision
3) Help me decide between the 3 foundation brushes- 13rave, Angled Flat Foundation and Flat Top Foundation. There are 2 considerations to be made here - firstly the type of makeup used and secondly speed vs precision. Here's a general guideline:
- Liquid and cream foundation: Angled flat foundation / Flat Top Foundation
- BB creams or bb cushions: Angled flat foundation / Flat Top Foundation
- Liquid and cream blushers: Angled flat foundation
- Liquid and cream contouring makeup: Angled flat foundation
- Compact powder: 13rave
- Powder based blushers: 13rave (While the 13rave might be slightly big for the cheeks, you can still use it as a blusher brush by picking up makeup with only one side of the brush)
If you require speed, choose the 13rave/ Flat Top foundation. If you require precision, choose the Angled Flat Foundation